Taking care of one’s body is important and aftercare after any type of surgery is essential as it helps with the recovery phases. Aftercare is just as important as the preparation phase when we have any type of surgery be it health or cosmetic surgery. When you find the right facility for liposuction Melbourne and successfully finish your procedure. It is important to start and develop an aftercare routine that not only enhances your recovery but aid your body in adapting to your new weight. Finding and creating a routine deals more than just applying new bandages and covering but it involves an entire plan that involves changes in your lifestyle. We’re here with tips and guides on how on what you can do and expect to achieve.
- Create a Lifestyle Plan
We previously mentioned this but to get into detail, it is important to create a lifestyle plan and committing to it. Religiously following this plan is key in having not only a successful recovery but also a swift one. You should also prepare for these changes before your big surgery by buying anything you don’t have on-hand such as:
- Loose Garments – You will be wearing some loose and breezy clothes before you try out your new top and show off your new curves. You don’t want to wear any tight-fitting clothes as they can do more harm than good
- Healthier Food and Drink Options – Preparing the right food with essential nutrients that would not only aid in the recovery process but also help you maintain your new shape is important during this journey and lifestyle change.
- New Toiletries – Typically, after a surgery you are advised against taking a bath or be wet as it can cause complications. Even a week after you can’t take a proper bath as it will still cause problems. Preparing things used for sponge bath and similar things is important as this would be the only way you can get yourself cleaned and feeling fresh.
- Healthy Food Options
To speed up the healing process, proper intake of nutrients such as protein, vitamin D and C while also being able to eat from all the food groups of food is essential during this phase. Furthermore, you an also eat some types of food to help with any pain or discomfort you feel. Healthy and good food options can be the following:
- Raspberries, Blueberries or Cranberries
- Fish and lean meats like chicken
- Whole grain products
- Green Tea
- Abstain from Smoking or Alcohol
This might be a given as these two things can damage your health, but it must be said in case you happen to have a habit for these two things. It is important to abstain from smoking before and after the procedure. If you have a close family member who smokes, be sure to tell them to refrain from smoking when you are around. There is a risk of the chances of infection increasing because of smoking while alcohol makes you easily dehydrated possibly making it harder for the surgeon to perform surgery on you. These two can also interfere with any anesthesia used because of chemical reactions. It is in your best interest to avoid the two altogether during this time.